Skip to main content

Big Better Burgers: Is it Really Better?

Big Better Burgers...the name itself would make you want to try their burgers since they claim that they have big and better burgers. Me and my kid decided to have dinner at Big Better Burgers located at the 2nd floor of Wilcon City Center, Visayas Avenue, Quezon City. I think it was my first time to eat at Big Better Burgers or I might have already in the past, but can't remember. 
The restaurant is quite small with only four sets of 4-seater tables and 2 outside. The available table was still cluttered when we sat there so I called the girl at the counter to have it cleaned up. I think they are undermanned because the girl on the counter was the only one taking the order of all the guests so you have to wait for your turn. She also serves the meals and also clean the tables. Since she was in a hurry, the table was still wet so we cleaned it up with tissue. There was also a small fly inside the resto, but i killed it...sorry fly  : (
My O.C. kid asked me to fix the condiments because they were all open...maybe the girl forgot to fix it too since she was tending to all the customers...refilling iced tea, following up orders...etc.
I ordered the BBB Value Meal and Meatball Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce for my kid since he likes spaghetti. The BBB Value Meal is worth P140 and consists of quarter pound grilled  burger with mayo, cheese and veggies plus french fries and iced tea.    

I really loved the burger...it was tasty and juicy. No need to add more condiments because the burger is already oozing with mayo. The fries is good and my kid liked it a lot. He ate only a little of the burger because he has a toothache and can't chew well. The iced tea seems diluted and it is not refillable so it is like drinking a pale iced tea. The price of the BBB Value Meal is okay.
The Spaghetti with Meatball and Fresh Tomato Sauce is worth P122, which I think is too much for its price because the serving is not that big. The meatballs are quite tough and the center area seem to be not that cooked well so I cut it really small so that my kid can eat it. He only finished one meatball. I gave him spaghetti with little tomato sauce because he said it was spicy. I tasted it and yep...he was right. I love spicy food so it isn't really a problem for me, but my kid did not like it. I felt bad because he was not able to eat that much. We took home half of the spaghetti and I tried feeding it to him again...maybe he forgot that it was spicy so he ate a little and again told me it's spicy..LOL. Can't fool a kid. 
Now I know what to order next time I eat at Big Better Burgers and if you ask me if their burger was really bigger and better? I need to try more burger outlets to compare that, but I have tasted even bigger and better burgers in the past. 
Here is the Big Better Burgers Menu. The prices there are not updated though like the Spaghetti with Meatballs. 


Food & Drink - Top Blogs Philippines

Comments

  1. i really like their burgers and that's the only thing i order from them. good thing you told me about the pasta coz i was supposed to order that last time we went there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuck! may fly..lol. buti na lang masarap burger dyan kundi bad trip talaga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before October ends, i will try this food chain. I trust your tastes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep. lapit lang sa inyo yan..hehehe...kaso don't order the pasta.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eastwood New Year Staycation

Sorry that I have not been updating my blog post (as if someone reads it  LOL). It's been almost three years I think since I last wrote here that's why I made it my New Year's resolution to fix up my blog and write more often. Don't be surprised if you see stories about my adventures for the past few years since I will be doing a lot of catching up. Let me begin with my Eastwood New Year Staycation. Why Celebrate New Year in Eastwood?  I chose Eastwood City because it is closer to my place making it more accessible and there's a free New Year Countdown concert. I was considering Mall of Asia since they also have a free concert, but I already felt tired just thinking of my travel time and traffic. I originally booked a hotel near Ayala, Makati thinking that they still have a street party. After doing some research, I think they already stopped doing it for a few years now so Eastwood it is! Where to stay in Eastwood Eastwood Richmond Hotel is the most ideal p

MyHealth Clinic Takes Care of My Health

Getting sick is a real pain in the *** but to wait for a long queue in discomfort and end up with a list of expensive medicines to  buy would definitely make anyone feel more sick! I was glad I have a health card from work so that lessens my worry about the check up and laboratory expenses. I usually go to Medical City Clinic in Trinoma and Waltermart for the check-up but my experience there was not really that good especially in Waltermart, Munoz. The nurses there and attendants seem so laid back (which is a better term for being lazy) and busy chatting with each other. I waited for a long time (around 30 min.) just to have my Maxicare approved and after that I went to the nurse's station to give my papers but the girl was busy on her phone so the guy beside her placed my paper on her table and told me to wait for my name to be called. So I waited for my name to be called and it was almost an hour. I was really wondering why it would take that long just to have my blood extracted

Get A Taste of Hong Kong at Eat Fresh Restaurant

Holy Week is all about fasting, but it is really hard to do that when the food in front of you is tempting. Every Holy Thursday, it has been a family tradition to go on a Visita Iglesia. For those who don't know what that is, it is a religious practice of visiting at least seven churches and praying the Stations of the Cross. When we were younger, we used to visit like 14 churches and that's quite tiring. Today, it is faster with seven churches and more people are out of town taking advantage of the long weekend. After Visita Iglesia, with sadly a few family members getting sick because of heat and exhaustion, the rest decided to go to Eat Fresh Famous Hong Kong Street Food for late dinner. It was located along J.Abad Santos Street in San Juan near Xavier School and Wilson. From the outside, you wouldn't think that it is a restaurant because people choose the Hong Kong street food on stick displayed in front. I thought you would have to wait until they grill the f