First: You can bread the pork steak, fry it and then cook the sauce separately before smothering them on the fried pork steak.
Second: I chose this version because my kid have a hard time chewing meat so I need to make sure that the pork is really tender. Here is my simple recipe:
1/2 kilo of Pork Steak (marinated in calamansi, soy sauce and pepper)
2 large onions (sliced thinly)
Instant Gravy (dissolved in water)
Pork drippings from the boiled pork
1 tablespoon butter
1. Add 1 cup of water on the marinated Pork Steak, then boil it for approximately 30 minutes or until the pork is tender. Make sure to check it from time to time to avoid the meat from getting dried up. Add water if needed.
2. Remove the meat. Strain the pork drippings to remove excess pork fat.
3. Put 1 tablespoon of butter on the pan on medium heat flame, then fry the Pork Steak until golden brown.
4. Add the onions on the meat and continue frying until the onions are cooked.
5. Pour the dissolved gravy mix on the meat and onions, but make sure to put it in low heat. Add water as often as needed if the meat is still not that tender. Gravy thickens the longer you cook it. This dish is best served with baked potatoes or a cup of rice.
NOTE: If you have a sizzling plate, then surprise your family with this easy Pork Steak Dish.
Check out my other recipes:
Ginataang Hipon with Kangkong
Cooking does not have to be that hard...just enjoy and experiment :)