Skip to main content

Unsatisfied with My Second Barrio Fiesta Voucher

It was my birthday and I was stressed out in treating my family and close friends to dinner because I have a tight budget. I was tempted to buy the Barrio Fiesta Voucher offering crispy pata and shanghai rice plus 1.5 litro of coke for only P495. 
I thought it was a good deal and my past experience buying a voucher at Barrio Fiesta was satisfying so I clicked paying online for an instant voucher. 
When we got there, place was packed but was lucky to get a table for 5. I gave them the voucher and decided to make additional orders because my friend decided to treat me by adding sinigang na hipon and my mom is cutting down on pork so I ordered sizzling sisig na bangus. 
The Crispy Pata was good and crunchy but I think for a regular price of almost P500, it is too expensive. There is a small store near our place that sells Crispy Pata with the same size for only P290. As usual, consumers always buys the name and not the food. 

 The Sinigang na Hipon is not a good deal! There were only like 7 shrimps swimming in a big bowl of soup...really deceiving. Price is P495!  
Now the Shanghai Rice is bad! I thought that there would at least be bits of lumpiang shanghai in the rice...but if you take a closer look...there were parts of rice that were totally white! It was like they made a quick run on the frying pan where they cooked the lumpiang shanghai. 
Lesson learned! Not all good deals would give you another good deal next time you go there : ) 
P.S. Warning to those eating at Barrio Fiesta! They would give you small packed towels that would be charged automatically to your bill so make sure not to use it if you are not willing to pay and check your bill. Another thing is that they would choose the cheapest amount of dish in your bill to give discount for senior citizen. I think the discount my mom got was only P20 pesos which they gave for the halo halo we ordered and not the sinigang na hipon. BOO Barrio Fiesta!  



Food & Drink - Top Blogs Philippines

Comments

  1. ur right! na charge din kami with the towels..kala namin its free pero may bayad pala.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also bought same kind of voucher and sulit naman sya kce masarap yung crispy pata kaso yung rice parang di naman shanghai rice. Buti na lang walang nagoffer samin ng towels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ulam is more fun in the philippines :D walang katulad |Playgroup Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eastwood New Year Staycation

Sorry that I have not been updating my blog post (as if someone reads it  LOL). It's been almost three years I think since I last wrote here that's why I made it my New Year's resolution to fix up my blog and write more often. Don't be surprised if you see stories about my adventures for the past few years since I will be doing a lot of catching up. Let me begin with my Eastwood New Year Staycation. Why Celebrate New Year in Eastwood?  I chose Eastwood City because it is closer to my place making it more accessible and there's a free New Year Countdown concert. I was considering Mall of Asia since they also have a free concert, but I already felt tired just thinking of my travel time and traffic. I originally booked a hotel near Ayala, Makati thinking that they still have a street party. After doing some research, I think they already stopped doing it for a few years now so Eastwood it is! Where to stay in Eastwood Eastwood Richmond Hotel is the most ideal p

MyHealth Clinic Takes Care of My Health

Getting sick is a real pain in the *** but to wait for a long queue in discomfort and end up with a list of expensive medicines to  buy would definitely make anyone feel more sick! I was glad I have a health card from work so that lessens my worry about the check up and laboratory expenses. I usually go to Medical City Clinic in Trinoma and Waltermart for the check-up but my experience there was not really that good especially in Waltermart, Munoz. The nurses there and attendants seem so laid back (which is a better term for being lazy) and busy chatting with each other. I waited for a long time (around 30 min.) just to have my Maxicare approved and after that I went to the nurse's station to give my papers but the girl was busy on her phone so the guy beside her placed my paper on her table and told me to wait for my name to be called. So I waited for my name to be called and it was almost an hour. I was really wondering why it would take that long just to have my blood extracted

All Iz Good at 7107 IMF: Day 2

After a night of EDM and hiphop music, the next day of the 7107 IMF was expected to have a different crowd. This is my chance to bump into people my age unlike Day 1 where I felt like a wannabe teeny-bopper. haha! I can't even keep up with all the non-stop dancing and drinking like I used to during my techno rave days in Malate and Makati. We got to the venue around 2:30 pm and the front area of the stage was already crammed with people. There goes my chance of getting up close with the Red Hot Chili Peppers . But I still got my hopes high...even if the chances of meeting them were really slim. So we settled in the middle part, which we called our home base cos that's were we meet when we get tired of roaming around.  Since the only bands that I was interested in watching at 7107 IMF that night were Empire of the Sun and RHCP, I ended up hanging out with some of my pals who I haven't seen for years.  Finally! Some people I can relate to...and they luckily got t