Skip to main content

Affordable Meals at Manang's Chicken

I still can't forget the first time I have tasted the famous chicken at Manang's Chicken.
Since my dining experience there have always been good, then I was confident to bring my kid with me at Manang's Chicken even if I have a tight budget. 
One boring Saturday, my 4-year old kid and I decided to check out the new Wilcon City Center along Visayas Avenue.  We always pass by that establishment, but never been there so I guess it is about time to check it out. I know that they have an arcade and Manang's Chicken there so everything was already planned. I let my kid play first before having late snack/early dinner at Manang's Chicken. The huge logo and screaming red interior made this restaurant hard to miss...even from afar.
It was surprising that Wilcon was not that crowded and it was on a Saturday...I think mainly because the mall is less accessible than its nearby competitors like Savemore, Cherry and Circle C.  If you have a car, then it would be easier...but if you are commuting, then only those who live along Visayas Avenue would find this place accessible. 
The staff of Manang's Chicken were friendly and accommodating....they should be because there were only like 2 pairs of customers eating there plus us...LOL.

I like the design of the restaurant...very bold and bright which gives you more energy to eat...LOL...unlike dim restaurants that would make you want to sleep more than dine. I ordered chicken with original sauce and spaghetti meal which is worth P124. I really prefer the spicy one, but my kid won't be able to eat it so I have to settle for the original sweet soy sauce. I also ordered rice worth P15 because I won't be satisfied eating just the chicken. That meal included a drink already so imagine spending only P139 for two people...isn't that worth it?
I am not that fond of their spaghetti because they use like cheese sauce on top and not real grated cheese. The noodles was a little overcooked and the sauce was kinda sweet. I was trying to force my kid to eat it, but he does not like to so I let him taste the bestseller of Manang's Chicken, which is their (bon-chon style) chicken. My kid liked the taste of it so we shared the chicken. I was glad that their chicken was huge unlike other restaurants so both of us were satisfied with what we ate. We just took home the leftover spaghetti and to my surprise, my kid ate it when he got home..LOL. Maybe he was just not in the mood to eat spaghetti at that time...kids are weird sometimes.

Despite of the sweet and cheese whiz spaghetti, I highly recommend Manang's Chicken because of their affordable meals and of course their superb chicken! Here is the Manang's Chicken Menu for those who are interested in eating there. 

Fashion & Beauty - Top Blogs Philippines
 


Comments

  1. i really love the chicken there! i usually go to their branch in katipunan cos thats near our place

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also dont like their spag but their chicken is something to die for..nakakaaddict!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eastwood New Year Staycation

Sorry that I have not been updating my blog post (as if someone reads it  LOL). It's been almost three years I think since I last wrote here that's why I made it my New Year's resolution to fix up my blog and write more often. Don't be surprised if you see stories about my adventures for the past few years since I will be doing a lot of catching up. Let me begin with my Eastwood New Year Staycation. Why Celebrate New Year in Eastwood?  I chose Eastwood City because it is closer to my place making it more accessible and there's a free New Year Countdown concert. I was considering Mall of Asia since they also have a free concert, but I already felt tired just thinking of my travel time and traffic. I originally booked a hotel near Ayala, Makati thinking that they still have a street party. After doing some research, I think they already stopped doing it for a few years now so Eastwood it is! Where to stay in Eastwood Eastwood Richmond Hotel is the most ideal p

Get A Taste of Hong Kong at Eat Fresh Restaurant

Holy Week is all about fasting, but it is really hard to do that when the food in front of you is tempting. Every Holy Thursday, it has been a family tradition to go on a Visita Iglesia. For those who don't know what that is, it is a religious practice of visiting at least seven churches and praying the Stations of the Cross. When we were younger, we used to visit like 14 churches and that's quite tiring. Today, it is faster with seven churches and more people are out of town taking advantage of the long weekend. After Visita Iglesia, with sadly a few family members getting sick because of heat and exhaustion, the rest decided to go to Eat Fresh Famous Hong Kong Street Food for late dinner. It was located along J.Abad Santos Street in San Juan near Xavier School and Wilson. From the outside, you wouldn't think that it is a restaurant because people choose the Hong Kong street food on stick displayed in front. I thought you would have to wait until they grill the f

All Iz Good at 7107 IMF: Day 2

After a night of EDM and hiphop music, the next day of the 7107 IMF was expected to have a different crowd. This is my chance to bump into people my age unlike Day 1 where I felt like a wannabe teeny-bopper. haha! I can't even keep up with all the non-stop dancing and drinking like I used to during my techno rave days in Malate and Makati. We got to the venue around 2:30 pm and the front area of the stage was already crammed with people. There goes my chance of getting up close with the Red Hot Chili Peppers . But I still got my hopes high...even if the chances of meeting them were really slim. So we settled in the middle part, which we called our home base cos that's were we meet when we get tired of roaming around.  Since the only bands that I was interested in watching at 7107 IMF that night were Empire of the Sun and RHCP, I ended up hanging out with some of my pals who I haven't seen for years.  Finally! Some people I can relate to...and they luckily got t