Skip to main content

Busog Ang Bulsa at Tyan sa Chic-Boy

CHICBOY: is the common term used by many Filipinos to a guy who has many girlfriends derived from two words "chicks" meaning girls and "boy" which refers to the dude. 
This term is now often affiliated with the Pinoy Restaurant CHIC-BOY (chicken at baboy). Whoever gave that name to the restaurant is really smart because it is very Filipino and it clearly indicates what its specialties are. 
CHIC-BOY's closest competitor is Mang Inasal since they both offer almost the same menu having Chicken Inasal as one of their specialties. 

Me and my kid got stuck at Munoz when it rained one Saturday night so I decided to have dinner first while we wait for the rain to subside. The first restaurant that you will see when you enter Jackman Mall is Chic-Boy and beside that is Mang Inasal. I was torn where to eat, but I decided to go for Chic-Boy when I saw their ad on Spaghetti worth P44 only because my kid loves Spag. 
What I also like about Chic-Boy is that they have more choices in menu and I remember having a bad experience at Mang Inasal where the chicken was really tiny and the sinigang na boneless bangus only had 1/4 half-sliced piece in it. The restaurant was spacious and we sat in this long bench so that my kid have more room to play while eating. As you can see he had fun playing with the toothpick.



I ordered Spaghetti worth P44 for him and I got the Chibog Busog Meal Chicken Inasal (Petso part of the chicken) which is worth P99 and that included unlimited rice and soup. So total bill is less than P150. Perfect for Pinoys who have a huge appetite, but has a limited budget. 
The spaghetti has real cheese on top unlike Manang's Chicken and it tasted just okay for me (since I prefer Italian-style spaghetti) but my kid loved it so it must be good.

I did not drink the soup much, but it tasted like sinigang. The Pecho is slightly burnt, but it still tasted good and it is quite huge so I shared some of it with my kid. He actually ate a lot that night, finishing the spaghetti and even ate chicken inasal with rice. The rice is wrapped in pandan leaf to give it that aromatic flavor. It is best poured with chicken oil, but not too much or else you might end up feeling dizzy. 
I tried to limit myself into eating only 1 and a half rice even if I wanted to eat more. My overall dining experience at Chic-Boy was better than Mang Inasal so if I get to choose between those two restaurants, I would certainly go for Chic-Boy again...because there are more choices and the food tastes better.
Here is the Chic-Boy Menu happy eating!

UPDATE: I returned to Chic-Boy yesterday and decided to order for the Lechon Cebu which is worth P125 with unlimited rice and soup. Add P25 and you get unlimited iced tea. 
I was expecting the real Lechon Cebu (roasted pork), but it was grilled lechon kawali so I was a bit disappointed. If I was expecting lechon kawali, then I would really be delighted because the pork was tasty and cooked just right. I can even eat the pork fat and skin even if they were not that crunchy because it was not that oily. The suka (vinegar) was a perfect match for the grilled pork. I actually finished 1 and a half rice with this meal...SATISFIED! 

Food & Drink - Top Blogs Philippines

Comments

  1. mas gusto ko talaga chic-boy kesa mang inasal..mas masarap na at madami pang pagpipilian

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should try their lechon next time...really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love their liempo matched with talong or manggang hilaw...nakaka 3 rice ako lagi each time I order that..hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eastwood New Year Staycation

Sorry that I have not been updating my blog post (as if someone reads it  LOL). It's been almost three years I think since I last wrote here that's why I made it my New Year's resolution to fix up my blog and write more often. Don't be surprised if you see stories about my adventures for the past few years since I will be doing a lot of catching up. Let me begin with my Eastwood New Year Staycation. Why Celebrate New Year in Eastwood?  I chose Eastwood City because it is closer to my place making it more accessible and there's a free New Year Countdown concert. I was considering Mall of Asia since they also have a free concert, but I already felt tired just thinking of my travel time and traffic. I originally booked a hotel near Ayala, Makati thinking that they still have a street party. After doing some research, I think they already stopped doing it for a few years now so Eastwood it is! Where to stay in Eastwood Eastwood Richmond Hotel is the most ideal p

MyHealth Clinic Takes Care of My Health

Getting sick is a real pain in the *** but to wait for a long queue in discomfort and end up with a list of expensive medicines to  buy would definitely make anyone feel more sick! I was glad I have a health card from work so that lessens my worry about the check up and laboratory expenses. I usually go to Medical City Clinic in Trinoma and Waltermart for the check-up but my experience there was not really that good especially in Waltermart, Munoz. The nurses there and attendants seem so laid back (which is a better term for being lazy) and busy chatting with each other. I waited for a long time (around 30 min.) just to have my Maxicare approved and after that I went to the nurse's station to give my papers but the girl was busy on her phone so the guy beside her placed my paper on her table and told me to wait for my name to be called. So I waited for my name to be called and it was almost an hour. I was really wondering why it would take that long just to have my blood extracted

Get A Taste of Hong Kong at Eat Fresh Restaurant

Holy Week is all about fasting, but it is really hard to do that when the food in front of you is tempting. Every Holy Thursday, it has been a family tradition to go on a Visita Iglesia. For those who don't know what that is, it is a religious practice of visiting at least seven churches and praying the Stations of the Cross. When we were younger, we used to visit like 14 churches and that's quite tiring. Today, it is faster with seven churches and more people are out of town taking advantage of the long weekend. After Visita Iglesia, with sadly a few family members getting sick because of heat and exhaustion, the rest decided to go to Eat Fresh Famous Hong Kong Street Food for late dinner. It was located along J.Abad Santos Street in San Juan near Xavier School and Wilson. From the outside, you wouldn't think that it is a restaurant because people choose the Hong Kong street food on stick displayed in front. I thought you would have to wait until they grill the f