Skip to main content

The Sizzlin' Pepper Steak is Perfect for A Rainy Friday Night

It has been raining for weeks and that means traffic too! The image of the streets during the rush hour seem like a battlefield and if you are unlucky, you can end up in a car coma for hours. I thought that my daily ordeal would end because it was Friday afternoon...I was ready to shout TGIF heading to the MRT when I saw the line and it was only around 5pm. The guard told me that there was a delay that's why they won't let people in. I got stressed out because I had a family dinner that time and I might not make it on time so I took chance on the FX station at SM Megamall. I waited there for more than 30 minutes before I got a ride and the rain kept on pouring hard which slowed down the FX. I paid more taking a different route so I can just take a ride right away. I was hungry so I drank my favorite strawberry banana fruit shake from FRUIT MAGIC while waiting for my family who I thought would arrive ahead of me since they are just near Trinoma Mall. 

We ate at Sizzlin Pepper Steak which is located near Medical City, 2nd Floor of Trinoma Mall. There is a waiting area outside and inside with a TV ad so you can check out the K-Pop girls dancing...(K stands for Kikay...lol)

I ordered Beef Pepper Rice which is worth P165 and that included buttered vegetables in the middle and teriyaki sauce. My mom ordered Beef Curry Pepper Rice which is worth P260. It looks the same and the only difference is the curry...so does that mean the curry is worth more or less 100 bucks?




There is a paper cover that would protect you from getting splashes of sauce because the plate is sizzling hot! You need to put the sauce whether you choose teriyaki or gravy. The problem was they did not serve the sauce together with the plates. We need to wait for the sauce to be served. Make sure to turn the meat because it is not that cooked well and the hot plate would evenly cook it. After the meat is done, all you have to do is mix everything: the rice, meat and vegetables (very little). The food is good and would certainly satisfy those who have a huge appetite. I shared my order with my kid and I was still full. 


The place was nice and there is a sign there that says MOVE which means that a waiter would approach you if you put that sign. If you change it to STOP it means that you don't need their service.
There is a small NO SMOKING sign too...tell that to the sizzling plates coz they are causing smoke everywhere...LOL. The smoke exhaust was not that working I think because there were still smoke after we got our orders.


My overall experience at Sizzlin Pepper Steak is average. There are dishes that are affordable. The place is comfortable. The service is quite slow. The cold weather and rain would surely make anyone hungry so eating there would be quite a treat for you.
Check out the Sizzlin Pepper Steak Menu

Food & Drink - Top Blogs Philippines
 

Comments

  1. My family loves eating at Sizzlin Pepper in Trinoma during weekends. You should go there early lunch or dinner because the place gets packed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eastwood New Year Staycation

Sorry that I have not been updating my blog post (as if someone reads it  LOL). It's been almost three years I think since I last wrote here that's why I made it my New Year's resolution to fix up my blog and write more often. Don't be surprised if you see stories about my adventures for the past few years since I will be doing a lot of catching up. Let me begin with my Eastwood New Year Staycation. Why Celebrate New Year in Eastwood?  I chose Eastwood City because it is closer to my place making it more accessible and there's a free New Year Countdown concert. I was considering Mall of Asia since they also have a free concert, but I already felt tired just thinking of my travel time and traffic. I originally booked a hotel near Ayala, Makati thinking that they still have a street party. After doing some research, I think they already stopped doing it for a few years now so Eastwood it is! Where to stay in Eastwood Eastwood Richmond Hotel is the most ideal p

MyHealth Clinic Takes Care of My Health

Getting sick is a real pain in the *** but to wait for a long queue in discomfort and end up with a list of expensive medicines to  buy would definitely make anyone feel more sick! I was glad I have a health card from work so that lessens my worry about the check up and laboratory expenses. I usually go to Medical City Clinic in Trinoma and Waltermart for the check-up but my experience there was not really that good especially in Waltermart, Munoz. The nurses there and attendants seem so laid back (which is a better term for being lazy) and busy chatting with each other. I waited for a long time (around 30 min.) just to have my Maxicare approved and after that I went to the nurse's station to give my papers but the girl was busy on her phone so the guy beside her placed my paper on her table and told me to wait for my name to be called. So I waited for my name to be called and it was almost an hour. I was really wondering why it would take that long just to have my blood extracted

Get A Taste of Hong Kong at Eat Fresh Restaurant

Holy Week is all about fasting, but it is really hard to do that when the food in front of you is tempting. Every Holy Thursday, it has been a family tradition to go on a Visita Iglesia. For those who don't know what that is, it is a religious practice of visiting at least seven churches and praying the Stations of the Cross. When we were younger, we used to visit like 14 churches and that's quite tiring. Today, it is faster with seven churches and more people are out of town taking advantage of the long weekend. After Visita Iglesia, with sadly a few family members getting sick because of heat and exhaustion, the rest decided to go to Eat Fresh Famous Hong Kong Street Food for late dinner. It was located along J.Abad Santos Street in San Juan near Xavier School and Wilson. From the outside, you wouldn't think that it is a restaurant because people choose the Hong Kong street food on stick displayed in front. I thought you would have to wait until they grill the f