My first featured recipe is the Ginataang Hipon with Kangkong at Sitaw (English: Shrimp with Water Spinach and String Beans in Coconut Milk).
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 cups water
1/2 kilo shrimp (cleaned)
1 tbsp ginger (minced)
1 onion (minced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
kangkong leaves (remove the stem)
sitaw (cut 1-inch long)
2 siling haba
Knorr Ginataang Gulay (it would be better to use real coconut milk)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Add around 1 tbsp of cooking oil in medium heat pan. Saute garlic, onions and ginger. Saute the shrimps and add 2 cups of water when the shrimps change color. Bring to boil on low heat for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the shrimps to avoid overcooking.
3. Put the string beans in the shrimp stock.
4. When the string beans are medium cooked, add the kangkong. Cover it and simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Put back the shrimps then add the instant coconut milk dissolved in water and the sili. Check the thickness of the coconut milk and add more water if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Now it is all set! The shrimps are best eaten with hands so you can easily remove the shell. Serve with hot rice and vinegar as condiment.
Hope you enjoy this dish! I would try to add more recipes if I get a chance to cook and take pics again. Remember to taste the dish as you cook so you can adjust the flavor according to your taste.