1/2 kilo Sukiyaki Beef Cut
Chinese Cabbage "bok choy"(Fil: pechay) - sliced around 1-inch long
2 Medium-sized Carrots - cut in thin slices
Onion Leeks - cut around 1-inch long
Tofu (or tokwa) - diced
1 small pack Vermicelli Noodles (Fil: sotanghon) - soaked in water
2 cups of water
2 tablespoons of grated ginger
1 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons of sugar
dash of pepper
1. After preparing all the ingredients, get a huge wok if you don't have a hot pot and boil 2 cups of water for around 2 minutes and then pour the sauce.
2. After 5 minutes of boiling, put the flame into medium then add the beef on the sauce. Make sure to spread the beef out evenly to be cooked properly.
3. Once the color of the beef changes from red to brown, add the onions, onion leeks, carrots and Chinese cabbage.
4. Let it simmer for around 2 minutes, then add the tofu. Those who are using tokwa instead of tofu can add the tokwa first before adding the vegetables so that they would be cooked well.
5. Check if all the vegetables are cooked. Then add the Vermicelli Noodles (sotanghon).
6. Mix the noodles a little with the other ingredients so that it would be cooked evenly, but make sure to remain the ingredients parted so that you can easily choose what to eat (also for presentation purposes..LOL). Remember to taste your dish so that you can adjust the flavor. After turning off the heat, you can add a raw egg on the hot pot and let it cooked by the sauce. Some mix it up with the other ingredients, but others let it cook like a sunny-side up.
7. You can eat the Beef Sukiyaki as it is because there is noodles, protein and veggies in it. Some prefer topping it on a bowl of rice which I do sometimes (I guess, that's the Pinoy way).
The total cooking time of Beef Sukiyaki is only around 30 minutes. The preparation actually took quite some time like cutting the veggies, but if you are a pro at that then you can probably finish that in around 5 minutes. I did not use cooking oil in this recipe because I want it to be more healthy. So the health conscious who are in search for fast and easy recipes would surely be delighted with my Beef Sukiyaki cooking.
Check out my first recipe here: Ginataang Hipon